[vtkusers] How to extract nodesets and sidesets for Exodus data

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Fri Jan 29 11:40:11 EST 2016

Hi Andrew,

Since the Exodus reader generates a 2-level multiblock dataset, you should be able to use vtkExtractBlock to do everything you want; each Exodus block, side set, and node set should be placed in separate leaf-node of the VTK multiblock dataset. The reader also groups all of the leaf nodes that are Exodus blocks together, all of the leaf nodes that are side sets together, and so on -- this is what makes the reader's output a multi-level multiblock dataset.

	David