[vtkusers] SetWritePiece behaving wrong?

Grothausmann, Roman Dr. grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
Fri Jan 29 09:04:10 EST 2016

With Joachim's help I figured I first need a way to write VTPs with piece
information in order for vtkXMLPolyDataReader to be able to stream these.
The only working way I found so far is using vtkExtractPolyDataPiece and
vtkXMLPolyDataWriter with SetNumberOfPieces as in:
https://github.com/romangrothausmann/VTK-CLIs/blob/master/vtp2multi-piece_vtp.cxx

Trying to get more equally sized pieces I replaced vtkExtractPolyDataPiece with
vtkOBBDicer / vtkKdTree followed by vtkThreshold / vtkExtractCells:
https://github.com/romangrothausmann/VTK-CLIs/blob/master/dice.cxx
https://github.com/romangrothausmann/VTK-CLIs/blob/master/d3.cxx

This basically seems to work, but writer->SetWritePiece(i) seems to overwrite
former pieces even with writer->SetDataModeToAppended().
How can I get append behaviour or otherwise write a VTP with piece info?
Why does it work with vtkExtractPolyDataPiece?

Any help or hints are very much appreciated
Roman

--
Dr. Roman Grothausmann

Tomographie und Digitale Bildverarbeitung
Tomography and Digital Image Analysis

Institut für Funktionelle und Angewandte Anatomie, OE 4120
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Carl-Neuberg-Str. 1
D-30625 Hannover

Tel. +49 511 532-2900