[vtkusers] How to Vizualize images with vtk2.2 ?

Rozand, Marie (GE Healthcare, consultant) marie.rozand at ge.com
Thu Jan 28 08:31:35 EST 2016

Dear all,

I can't use newer version of vtk so I would like to know how to vizualize an vtkImageData with version 2.2 in c++
I created a vtkImageViewer and gave it my image :
vtkImageViewer * viewer = vtkImageViewer::New();
viewer->SetInput(image);
viewer->Render();

The problem is that when I run my program it crashes during the Render() function. Do I need a kind of Interactor ? If so what is the equivalent class name in vtk 2.2 ? Or is it another problem ?

Furthermore, if someone know where I could find or buy a documentation about this old version, it would be great.

Marie Rozand