[vtkusers] vtkpython on mac os?

Bernard Giroux listes.bgiroux at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 20:53:00 EST 2016

Hi,

My results on el cap:

I’ve got some home made modules, so I prefer to compile VTK myself.  I compile VTK after configuring this way (no mention about my modules here…)

In a build directory:

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local/VTK-7.0.0.rc2 \
-DVTK_WRAP_PYTHON=ON \
-DCMAKE_MACOSX_RPATH=ON \
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_NAME_DIR=/usr/local/VTK-7.0.0.rc2/lib /path/to/vtksource

make
sudo make install

In /usr/local, I make a symbolic link pointing to the right directory:

cd /usr/local
sudo ln -s VTK-7.0.0.rc2 VTK

Finally, in my $HOME/.bash_profile, I put

export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/VTK/lib/python2.7/site-packages

FWIW, I run the macports version of python.