[vtkusers] Memory issue in multiblock data set rendering

newcfd newcfd at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 26 20:50:04 EST 2016

A multiblock data set is loaded for rendering. Rendering will use about 1GB
memory. After the data set is rendered, the
data set and the related pipeline instances are deleted.
vtkRenderer->clear() is also called. But half of the memory use
(about 500MB) is still there and not cleaned up. If the same data set is
loaded again for rendering, total memory use is
still 1GB, not 1.5GB. What is the cause?  How can I solved the problem?

I am using vtk6.3 in Debug build on Ubuntu.

The same code does not have the same problem on Windows. Both Valgrind and
VTK do not show any memory leak
in Debug mode.