[vtkusers] vtkRenderWindow off-screen rendering

michalgallovic gallovic at 3cky.sk
Mon Jan 25 03:58:49 EST 2016

Hey guys,

I would like to do off-screen rendering of vtkRenderWindow into the frame
buffer object.

I'm not sure how to do so, but what I think is that:

1.generate frame buffer using glGenFramebuffers - obtain GLuint fbo_id
2.create vtkFrameBufferObject from vtkRendererWindow (I don't know how to do
so)
3.call SetActiveBuffer(fbo_id) on vtkFrameBufferObject
4.call RenderQuad on vtkFrameBufferObject -> now the created FBO should be
filled with data.

My question is - how can I create vtkFrameBufferObject with the contents of
my window, so I can do the off-screen rendering into the FBO ? Should this
be done as I stated above ?

Thanks