[vtkusers] Memory leak of vtkMultiBlockPlot3D reader and dataset on Ubuntu

newcfd newcfd at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 19 14:58:36 EST 2016

It does not seem to be memory leak. But vtk simply does not release the
memory on Ubuntu and CentOS.
Is it a Linux issue? After I launch my application and loads a plot3D file,
the memory use jumps to 1.1GB.
After I delete the file and all settings(reader and vtk rendering), memory
use drops to 1GB. When I reload
the file, memory use still jumps to 1.1(not over 2.GB).

    Why does VTK not release the dynamically allocated memory ? Or is it a
Linux issue? The same code works fine on
Windows. Memory clean-up is perfect.