[vtkusers] VTK 7.0.0.RC1 (and releases before): X-OpenGL depth test(?) problems when using QVTKRenderWindow

Sophonet vtk12af6bc42 at kant.sophonet.de
Fri Jan 15 04:55:16 EST 2016

Hi David,

The problem occurs as well when running QVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py
directly.

I have tried picking the Mesa software renderer to exclude a graphics
driver problem by

LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 GALLIUM_DRIVER=softpipe python
PATHTO_/QVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py, but same problem.

The software renderer is chosen by setting the two variables as I could
verify with

LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 GALLIUM_DRIVER=softpipe glxinfo:

OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on softpipe
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 9.2.3
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30

I have found a related thread here (8 years old):

http://osdir.com/ml/python-enthought-devel/2008-04/msg00491.html

...but as opposed to the problem described there, I do not see warnings
on a missing depth buffer when turning on MESA_DEBUG=1 - only the errors
with respect to glDrawBuffer / glReadBuffer (see my previous e-mail)...
and in order to rule out device driver problems, I have forced software
rendering as mentioned above.

I would be happy to debug further if I would know how.

Thanks,

        sophonet