[vtkusers] VTK 7.0.0.RC1 (and releases before): X-OpenGL depth test(?) problems when using QVTKRenderWindow

Sophonet vtk12af6bc42 at kant.sophonet.de
Thu Jan 14 15:17:25 EST 2016

Dear list,

when trying to run a Qt Python application using the
qt.QTVTKRenderWindow, there are depth test problems.

Examples/Tutorial/Step1/Python/Cone.py works perfect, but with a simple
QVTKRenderWindow example (based on
https://gist.github.com/samueljohn/3090097, needs two more imports
though), there are depth test problems, i.e. it appears that for some
reason no depth test is applied (so the last drawn primitive is always
visible on top).

When doing

export MESA_DEBUG=1

before running the two scripts, there is one warning in the
Examples/Tutorial/Step1/Python/Cone.py,

Mesa warning: couldn't open libtxc_dxtn.so, software DXTn
compression/decompression unavailable

[but everything looks fine],

but many more with the QVTKRenderWindow

Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_OPERATION in glDrawBuffer(buffer=0x405)
Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_OPERATION in glReadBuffer(buffer=0x405)

I am running Mesa 9.2.3 on my system (OpenSUSE 13.1), so I cannot switch
to the OpenGL2 rendering backend (which might resolve the problem? -
don't know...).

Any hints?

Thanks,

      sophonet