[vtkusers] vtkBooleanOperationPolyDataFilter doesn't work for certain polydata.

Rakesh Patil rakesh.p at tataelxsi.co.in
Wed Jan 13 03:29:19 EST 2016

Dear users,

I am trying to implement UNION, INTERSECTION & SUBTRACTION operations using vtkBooleanOperationPolyDataFilter. I succeeded in performing these operations for polydata coming from vtkCubeSource and vtkCylinderSource. I have created another class called My3DPolygonSource which is similar to vtkRegularPolygonSource, but it computes 'n' sided 3D objects. The polydata coming from My3DPolygonSource gives opposite results. i.e. for UNION, it produces output of INTERSECTION. For INTERSECION,the output is of UNION, and for SUBTRACTION, the output is B-A (actual output should be A-B).

I would like to know what are the prerequisite criteria to be considered before performing these operations. In which scenarios, the behavior gets reversed (as mentioned above)?

Thanks

Warm Regards

Rakesh Patil