[vtkusers] Problems with vtkClipPolyData and vtkImplicitBoolean

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 09:04:59 EST 2016

Hi Normanius,

I don't know of any good way to make a clip plane that is limited to a
specific region.

It seems to me that the ideal solution would be to use a hierarchical data
set for your vessel tree, where each branch was a different data object.
Then you could select the vessel you want to cut (VTK has lots of good
selection and picking tools), and apply the cut to just that one vessel.
You should look at http://www.vmtk.org/ if you haven't seen it yet, they
might already have a solution for this.

 - David