[vtkusers] VTK-7.0.0 RC1: vtkProperty2D LineStipplePattern with OpenGL2

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Thu Jan 7 07:52:14 EST 2016

Unfortunately line stipple was deprecated and removed from more recent
versions of OpenGL. That means to support it we have to implement it
ourselves.  I have recently done that for the 2D charts and that has been
merged. For everything else it is not supported currently.

Thanks
Ken

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 1:31 PM, Kenji Tsumura <
kenji.tsumura at neosoftmedical.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have posted a bug on vtkProperty2D LineStipplePattern.
>
> http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=15918
>

> The description of the bug is:
>

> vtkProperty2D LineStipplePattern doesn't work with OpenGL2 setting. When I
> use OpenGL setting, it worked. I can reproduce the bug using the attached
> modified example code.
>

> My environment is:
>
> VTK-7.0.0 RC1
>
> CMake 3.1.1
>
> Visual Studio 12 2013 Win 64
>
> VTK_RENDERING_BACKEND OpenGL2
>

> Thank you,
>

> Kenji
>

> Disclaimer: The information contained in this communication may be
> confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above,
> and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the
> distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is
> please return it to the sender immediately and delete the original message
> and any copy of it from your computer system. If you have any questions
> concerning this message, please contact the sender.

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Ken Martin PhD
Chairman & CFO
Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park NY 12065
518 371 3971

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.