[vtkusers] Success: Building VTK 7.0.0rc1 for Anaconda 3.5

Leonid Dulman leonid_dulman at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 3 08:53:05 EST 2016

I built VTK 7.0. RC1 with Qt 5.6.0, Python 2.7.11, TCl/Tk 8.6.3 in windows 10 with VC 2015 too

 Subject: [vtkusers] Success: Building VTK 7.0.0rc1 for Anaconda 3.5
 To: vtkusers at vtk.org

 Hi all,

 I'd like to provide a short report on a successful
 compilation of VTK
 7.0.0rc1 for Anaconda 3.5 on Windows 10, including the conda
 build
 script. Hopefully it is a good starting point for others to
 improve upon.

 You will need:
  - Anaconda Python 3.5
  - Visual Studio 2015 Community edition to compile against
 Python 3.5
    (about 10GB of Download. It's
 unbelievable... But there is no other
     matching version of the compiler on the
 interwebs. You'll get SQL
     Server for free...)
  - conda-build installed, see [1]

 The build files are attached to this mail, a simple conda
 build should
 suffice to give you working vtk in python 3.5.
 Alternatively, I've also
 uploaded the resulting binary to my server [2], if you so
 choose to
 trust my binaries ;-). Install it simply with conda
 install.

 Potentially, the script should also work for OSX and Linux,
 I'd be happy
 to get feedback on this.

 Very best,
 Matthias