[vtkusers] reading .neu file into vtkUnstructuredGrid object

Pavol pavol.palicka at tuke.sk
Sat Jan 2 12:04:45 EST 2016

Hello,
I'm trying to read .neu file into vtkUnstcturedGrid.
I have created vtkUnstructuredGrid object using
*vtkSmartPointer<vtkUnstructuredGrid> unstructuredGrid =
			vtkSmartPointer<vtkUnstructuredGrid>::New();*
Every point coords are inserted into vtkPoints object which is at the end
ofreading set for unstructured gria via method SetPoints. Before reading and
setting up cells for unstructuredGrid I am calling
*unstructuredGrid->Allocate(nCells);* (nCells represent total amount of
cells) in a while cycle I am reading ids of eah point which forms cell
(cells for the object are of same type) into idList and then using
*unstructuredGrid->InsertNextCell(VTK_HEXAHEDRON,idList);* I am inserting
cells into unstructuredGrid object.
Till this point everithing for me seems to be right and program seems to
work properly but visualizing this object I get this:
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5735732/01.png>
output from paraview displaying points and object surface with edges:
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5735732/02.png>
something is wrong there... object suppost to be regular cube formed by
cells of the smae type. So for me it seems like problem comes with cells...

I am trying to read .neu file for points and cells and .msh file for the
faces.
I want to :
- use Gambit to create computing mesh for the object (furnace to be
spefific),
- read it into vtkUnstructuredGrid,
- set up initial and boundary conditions (especialy for this purpose i want
to read faces),
- using method of elementary balances compute material properies in time
during thermal processing,
- use vtkCellData (add multiple arrays)  as data storage for computing,
- visuslize  proces using paraview and vtk.

So...
If anyone can help me with this, I will be really thankfull.

Have a great day
Best regards
Pavol