[vtkusers] How to generate the connectivity array?

Yang Yang ustcyyo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 19:59:52 EST 2016

Dear all,

I recently want to display some 3d points data in Paraview.  The data is created from code of previous group members. It is [x(1 by 10^6),y (1 by 10^6), z(1 by 10^6 ), some_physics_value(1 by 10^6 )]. The spacing between each points is not uniform. Somehow we loose the informations about the cells and connectivity array. So I cannot generate an unstructured grid VTK file based on my data.

To write an unstructured grid VTK file, we need information of the cell connectivity array. But I don’t know how to generate it.

Could you give me some advice?

Thanks.

Best wishes,
Yang Yang