[vtkusers] OpenGL fails to initialize for Windows 7, VTK 7.0

Matthias Blaicher matthias at blaicher.com
Mon Feb 22 14:33:38 EST 2016

Hi David,

I guess you are right, it looks like this is the issue. According to
OpenGL Extensions Viewer, the card exposes OpenGL 4.

If I understood it correctly, the problem seems to be that gpu_shader4
is not exposed in the 2.1 context. And 3.2 is tested but fails (have to
check that for my card).

Is there any patch, which would try a 3.1 context too? I've seen some
commits in master (e.g. ca65662fa "Merge topic
'try_more_recent_opengl_add_getversion'"). I'll give the master branch a
spin and report back.

Best,

Matthias