[vtkusers] Access the points of a certain region extracted by vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter

normanius juch at zhaw.ch
Mon Feb 22 04:09:08 EST 2016

Hi Cory

Strange, in the web-view of the mailing list, the code is visible.

I repost/rephrase my question, this time without any formatting:

# How I use vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter:
largest = vtk.vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter()
largest.SetInputConnection(input.GetOutputPort())
largest.SetExtractionModeToLargestRegion()
largest.Update()

# How I would like to extract the points from the largest region,
# but this does not work: It gives me all the points of input
polyData = largest.GetOutput()
N = polyData.GetNumberOfPoints()
for i in range(0, N):
    p = sourceData.GetPoint(i)

# What I currently do to extract those points:
lines = largest.GetOutput().GetLines() # cell array
lines.InitTraversal()
idList = vtk.vtkIdList()
I = set()
while lines.GetNextCell(idList):
    for i in range(0, idList.GetNumberOfIds()):
        index = idList.GetId(i)
        if index not in I:
            p = sourceData.GetPoint(index)
            I.add(index)

# Is there a more direct way of extracting only the connected region
# of interest?