[vtkusers] what VTk widget should be used for displaying DICOM series in Axial, Sagittal and Coronal 2D view and 3D view

Liu_tj tjlp at netease.com
Sun Feb 21 21:37:10 EST 2016

Hi, guys,

At present I want to display DICOM series in 4 views: Axial, Sagittal and Coronal 2D view, and the last one is a 3D view which displays Axial, Sagittal and Coronal view together. For the 2D view, I also want to display a rectangle to include the useful area. What widgets should be used for these 2 kinds of view? At least I know that vtkIamgePlaneWidget can be used for the 3D view. Any other recommendations?

Besides, if uses vtkImagePlaneWidget, how to switch the Dicom image in the series when the mouse wheel rolls? Can the SetSliceIndex() or SetSlicePostion() switch the Dicom image?

Thanks
Liu Peng