[vtkusers] VTK7 OpenGL2 Depth Problem

richy123 richuitnl at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 17:52:10 EST 2016

Hi All,
Thanks all for the great 7 release! Eager to test it I have build VTK 7.0.0
with Qt.5.3.2 and PCL 1.8 master and  managed to build it with cmake.
I have a windows QT app that shows in a QVTKWidget a point cloud, Previously
was using VTK 6.1 and PCL 1.7.2 and this worked fine. The app bilds ok with
VTK7 and on first look it rendered fine but after some playing around I
noticed that the points sometimes are not correctly shown depth wise. This
becomes very notable when the point size is increased. So points that are
more in the back obscure the points before it. Maybe this has to do with the
depth buffer?

Can someone please point me in the right direction is this a known bug in
the new VTK7?

Thank you,
Rich.

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5736691/Points.png>