[vtkusers] vtkGlyph3D

Allen Sanderson allen at sci.utah.edu
Fri Feb 19 19:40:35 EST 2016

Hello,

I am trying to use the vtkGlyph3D to create some glyphs where the user sets the “Factor” between the largest and smallest glyph. This functionality is something that is possible with the vtkTubeFilter. i.e.. one sets the tube radius and a radius factor say 10 and the tubes will vary in size from the radius to 10xradius. Internally, the scalar values would get remapped to be between 1 and 10 and then scaled by the radius. I successfully duplicated this functionality for the vtkConeSource and vtkSphere source. I would like to do the same for the vtkGlyph3D but so far no luck with the methods provided.

At this point one would need to roll their own. i.e. take the scalar values and normalize them to be between 1 and 10 (in this case) and then send that down stream.

Cheers,

Allen

Allen Sanderson
SCI Institute