[vtkusers] [Java] VTK volume rendering

atc1992vtk atc1992vtk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 20:25:30 EST 2016

Well as I mention I am using OSX 10.9.5
Graphics : Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
but I am not sure how to check is Opengl2 or Opengl1 base
The VTK version I am using is 6.3.0
So *vtkProjectedTetrahedraMapper* should be the right filter?

Here are part of the script i used. The input image is *UnstructuredGrid*
and I map the output to a Actor. But the result was really to *laggy* can't
even rotate the object.
======================================
vtkProjectedTetrahedraMapper volumeMapper = new
vtkProjectedTetrahedraMapper();
vtkVolume volume = new vtkVolume();
vtkVolumeProperty volumeProperty = new vtkVolumeProperty();
volumeProperty.IndependentComponentsOn();
volumeProperty.DisableGradientOpacityOn();
volumeProperty.SetInterpolationType(1);
volumeProperty.SetShade(0);
volumeProperty.SetAmbient(0.5d);
volumeProperty.SetDiffuse(0.4d);
volumeProperty.SetSpecular(0.4d);
volumeMapper.SetInputData(image);
volumeMapper.Update();

At the meantime, I got another question.
>From paraview, we can extract color maps into .json file.
Is it possible to import that to my vtk project? What class should I be
using to read them or by changing lookuptable? Need some lead on that too...
thx