[vtkusers] FW: QVTKWidget + Dock/Undocking + MAC OS

Fetzer, Andreas a.fetzer at Dkfz-Heidelberg.de
Wed Feb 17 12:38:44 EST 2016

Hi,

VTK 6.2 and Qt 4.8.6 works fine.
If we use Qt 5.x it doesn't work.

We narrowed it down to the QVTKWidget's c'tor:
If we uncomment the Qt::MSWindowsOwnDC flag it partially solves our problem.
There are still cases where our Views do not react :-/

Cheers,
Andreas

Von: rakesh patil <prakeshofficial at gmail.com<mailto:prakeshofficial at gmail.com>>
Datum: Wednesday 17 February 2016 18:22
An: Andreas Fetzer <a.fetzer at dkfz-heidelberg.de<mailto:a.fetzer at dkfz-heidelberg.de>>
Cc: VTK Users <vtkusers at vtk.org<mailto:vtkusers at vtk.org>>
Betreff: Re: QVTKWidget + Dock/Undocking + MAC OS

Hi,

You mean to say, vtk 6.3 + Qt 4.8.6 works fine. ? There won't be any flickering hapenning on MAC. ?

On Wednesday, February 17, 2016, Fetzer, Andreas <a.fetzer at dkfz-heidelberg.de<mailto:a.fetzer at dkfz-heidelberg.de>> wrote:
Hi,

we are facing a similar problem on Mac OS X 10.9+ with VTK 6.2 and Qt 5.x.
(Strangely with Qt 4.8.6 everything works fine)

We write our own Plugins that add new GUI components to our Application.
If we add a QVTKWidget to a plugin, all it's widgets do not react to mouse clicks anymore.
This happens even if we just instantiate the QVTKWidget without adding it to the plugin.

Currently we suspect that the QVTKWidget or VTKInteractors consume some Qt events
or do not forward these events. But we do not have a solution yet.

We would be glad about any hints.

Best regards,
Andreas