[vtkusers] Vtk Python Widgets

Aude aude.chenet-ext at galderma.com
Mon Feb 15 10:13:49 EST 2016

Hello,

I’m trying to use vtk with Python 27. I’ve installed vtk 6.2 with pip.
When I execute OrthogonalPlanesWithTkPhoto.py example, I’ve an error :
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\chenet-
ext\workspace\OCT\src\OrthogonalPlanesWithTkPhoto.py", line 156, in
<module>
    S = SampleViewer()
  File "C:\Users\chenet-
ext\workspace\OCT\src\OrthogonalPlanesWithTkPhoto.py", line 57, in
__init__
    tphoto = self.tphoto = vtkTkPhotoImage ()
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\vtk\tk\vtkTkPhotoImage.py", line 20,
in __init__
    vtkLoadPythonTkWidgets ( self.tk )
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\vtk\tk\vtkLoadPythonTkWidgets.py",
line 81, in vtkLoadPythonTkWidgets
    interp.call('load', filename, pkgname)
_tkinter.TclError: couldn't load library "vtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets-
6.2.dll": this library or a dependent library could not be found in
library path

I’ve made a research on my computer and I can’t find
vtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets.
Can someone help me to use this example?

Aude