[vtkusers] Problem with logarithmic scale in vtkChartXY

Mario Rodriguez biomates at telefonica.net
Sat Feb 13 14:53:26 EST 2016

Hi,

Suppose I want to plot a polygonal line connecting points (0, e^0), (10,
e^10), and (20, e^20) onto the canvas provided by class vtkChartXY with
logarithmic scale in the y-axis. The output should be a straight line.
But points are plotted ignoring the logarithmic scale. Only when I click
on the image, or resize the window, the three points are allocated in
their correct positions.

My environment is TCL + VTK 6.3

I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong, or if I found a bug. Here is
a reduced version of my problem:

#########################
package require vtk
package require vtkinteraction

vtkFloatArray arrayX1
   arrayX1 SetName "arrayX1"
   arrayX1 InsertNextValue 0.0
   arrayX1 InsertNextValue 10.0
   arrayX1 InsertNextValue 20.0

vtkFloatArray arrayY1
   arrayY1 SetName ""
   arrayY1 InsertNextValue 1.0
   arrayY1 InsertNextValue 22026.46579480671
   arrayY1 InsertNextValue 4.851651954097903E8

vtkTable table1
   table1 AddColumn arrayX1
   table1 AddColumn arrayY1

vtkChartXY chart1
   [chart1 GetAxis 0] SetLogScale 1
   set line [chart1 AddPlot 0]
   $line SetInputData table1 0 1

vtkContextScene scenechart1
   scenechart1 AddItem chart1

vtkContextActor actorchart1
   actorchart1 SetScene scenechart1

vtkRenderer renderer1
   renderer1 SetBackground 1 1 1
   renderer1 AddActor actorchart1

vtkRenderWindow renWin
   renWin AddRenderer renderer1

vtkRenderWindowInteractor iren
   iren SetRenderWindow renWin
   iren Initialize
   iren Start

I would greatly appreciate any help on this issue.

--
Mario