[vtkusers] Linker Errors Compiling Application against VTK 7.1 Libraries

Donny Zimmerman zmanvortex at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 14:23:26 EST 2016

Hello,
I can compile my Visual Studio 2012 app fine against VTK 6.2 libraries but
when I try to compile my app against the VTK 7.1 libraries I get 165 linker
errors. I have changed my directory paths to the correct include and
library paths for VTK 7.1 in the app properties. I have also added all of
the VTK 7.1 .lib files to the Additional Dependencies in the app
properties. I can't figure out what might have changed between VTK versions.
All of the linker errors are similar with the modules being the only
difference. Here is the first linker error:

*Error 9 error LNK2028: unresolved token (0A000996) "void __cdecl
> vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL_AutoInit_Construct(void)"
> (?vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL_AutoInit_Construct@@$$FYAXXZ) referenced in
> function "public: __thiscall
> vtkRenderingVolume_AutoInit::vtkRenderingVolume_AutoInit(void)"
> (??0vtkRenderingVolume_AutoInit@@$$FQAE at XZ)
> C:\Users\donny.zimmerman.UNMC_DOMAIN\Documents\Visual Studio
> 2012\Projects\swis\SwisVtkEngine\SwisVtkEngine.obj SwisVtkEngine*

Any help would be greatly appreciated.