[vtkusers] Generate debug libraries with _d postfix

Fernando Nellmeldin f.nellmeldin at open-engineering.com
Fri Feb 12 04:26:18 EST 2016

Hello all.

I know that this has been discussed in the past but it seems that nothing
has changed. It would be of interest if the libraries of VTK had different
names between their debug and release versions.

For example:
* Debug: vtkRendering_d.lib
* Release: vtkRendering.lib

I know that there is a "trick" for VTK 5.10, which is putting the following
line in the main CMakeLists.txt:

SET(VTK_LIBRARY_PROPERTIES ${VTK_LIBRARY_PROPERTIES}
    DEBUG_POSTFIX _d
)

However, that doesn't work for VTK 6.3.0 nor VTK 7.0.0. (for 5.10 does just
what I want).

Any thoughts of how to do the same on these versions?

Thank you.

PS: I'm using CMake with VS2010 generator under windows8, but I think the
solution should be general.