[vtkusers] can vtkCell::EvaluatePosition be called from python?

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 11:41:54 EST 2016

Hi Andreas,

The way you have used vtk.mutable(), the mutable object is thrown away as
soon as the function call is complete:

    cell.EvaluatePosition(...,vtk.mutable(subId),...,vtk.mutable(dist2),...)

Do this instead:

    subId=vtk.mutable(-1)
    dist2=vtk.mutable(-1.0)
    cell.EvaluatePosition(...,subId,...,dist2,...)

Cheers,
 - David