[vtkusers] VTK 6.2 and PyQt5?

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 12:26:28 EST 2016

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 9:15 AM, Elvis Stansvik <elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
> wrote:

> Alright, so you've heard about it before? Should there ever be a need for
> QGLWidget, or should it be reported as a bug?
>
> My system:
>
> Thinkpad T440s
> Intel HD Graphics 4400
> Qt 5.5.1 / PyQt5 5.4.2 / VTK 6.2.0
>
> All installed from Kubuntu repos (with backports repositories enabled).
>
> I have no reason not to use QGLWidget instead of QWidget, so it's not a
> big problem. I was mostly curious if others have seen this problem.

Yes, the depth buffer for the context seems to be missing.  The person who
submitted the QGLWidget patch had exactly the same issue:
https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/1097

That was for linux on a virtual machine, so I thought it was the fault of
the virtual machine.  But maybe it wasn't after all!

I use linux as well, with NVidia graphics, for me it works without
QGLWidget.

 - David