[vtkusers] remove internal surfaces from polydata

Angela Noecker noeckera at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 16:56:58 EST 2016

I have scoured the archives and I find that other people have had the same
problem but I still can't find the solution.

For the sake of ease, pretend you build two vtkCubeSources adjacent to one
another and you want to combine them into one polydata with no "wall" in
between.

I can get the right external shape using vtkAppendPolyData and I can remove
duplicate vertices using vtkCleanPolyData but how do I remove unneeded
surfaces?  I would've thought vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter would do the trick
but it doesn't do anything to the data at all.

Thanks in advance,

Angela