[vtkusers] Python 3 status and Debian/Ubuntu packages?

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 08:59:40 EST 2016

Hi Elvis,

In the VTK 7 source, support for Python 3 is on par with Python 2.  There
are no missing features that I am aware of, and all the testing and support
code was updated to use Python 3.

However, I'm not aware of anyone providing binary packages for Python 3 and
VTK yet.  I don't know of anywhere to get ubuntu packages for VTK other
than the official packages from debian (and I'm not sure what version they
provide).

 - David

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 5:58 AM, Elvis Stansvik <elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com