[vtkusers] Failure of vtkRenderingFreetypeModule

Yan liuyanbc157 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 12:13:20 EST 2016

KOZLOVSKY Nicolas <nicolas.kozlovsky <at> fr.thalesgroup.com> writes:

> Hi Yan
> First I think you don't have to use the #define anymore (replaced by
VTK_MODULE_INIT).
> Secondly, you can remove the renderer that causes the problem and try to
run your code has now many things
> have change.
>
> So try to remove this statement : VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkRenderingFreeType);

4(vtkInteractionStyle,vtkRenderingFreeType,vtkRenderingFreeTypeOpenGL,vtkRen
> deringOpenGL)
> #define vtkRenderingVolume_AUTOINIT 1(vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL)
>
> But compiling was success, but when I tried to operate my software, it
gave me an error like this:

>  import imoose.trinityNG.libvtkLocalNGPython as vtklocal
> ImportError:
> /storage/users/kruettgen/Liu5/pymoose/rc/install/lib/python2.7/site-
> packages/imoose/trinityNG/libvtkLocalNG.so: undefined symbol:
> _Z39vtkRenderingFreeType_AutoInit_Constructv
>
> Could someone please help me out of it.
>
> Thanks a lot.

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Hi, Niclolas,

first thank you for your replying.
But the situation is that, it has first the error of undefined symbol:
_Z39vtkRenderingFreeType_AutoInit_Constructv. Then I tried to add those
codes in it.

I have tried your way, but it doesn't work.  Perhaps I should something to
CMakeLists or somewhat?

Someone said also that it is perhaps due to the circumstance of the system.

What I used is LINUX.

Thank you again.