[vtkusers] Linux: problems with make install

marcin.krotkiewski marcin.krotkiewski at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 06:48:09 EST 2016

I have an issue with running make install on linux with Java bindings
enabled. The code compiles fine. During the installation process I see
the following files and directories inside the target directory:

bin
include
lib
natives-Linux-x86_64
pom.xml
README.txt
share
vtk-7.0.jar
vtk-7.0-natives-Linux-x86_64.jar

However, after the installation is completed, the only files left are

natives-Linux-x86_64
pom.xml
README.txt
vtk-7.1.jar
vtk-7.1-natives-Linux-x86_64.jar

In particular, the header files (which I happen to be after :) are
deleted somewhere on the way. As far as I remember, this was not the
case on Windows.

The problem is not there if I build without Java bindings. How do I keep
all the installed files?

Another small issue is that the following two symbolic links are broken
in natives-Linux-x86_64:

libvtkhdf5.so
libvtkhdf5_hl.so

Thanks for any help!