[vtkusers] snapping point to rendered polydata

Girish Lande girish.lande at agiliad.com
Wed Dec 21 01:42:43 EST 2016

Hi vtkusers,
Greetings!

I am trying to find 'normal' vector in polydata under cursor.
For this I plan to first find snap cursor point on given polydata and then
try to figure out normal.

I am using picker to pick point on polydata but it gives me offsettted
point from polydata surface. Point returned by picker is not exactly on
surface.
// ----------------------------------------------
 this->Interactor->GetPicker()->Pick(this->Interactor->GetEventPosition()[0],
                    this->Interactor->GetEventPosition()[1],
                    0,  // always zero.

this->Interactor->GetRenderWindow()->GetRenderers()->GetFirstRenderer());
            double picked[3];
            this->Interactor->GetPicker()->GetPickPosition(picked);

Basically I want to know how to get snap point on polydata and find normal
at that position .

--
thanks & regards,
Girish