[vtkusers] Different behavior of vtkXMLPUnstructuredGridWriter in VTK 7.1

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Tue Dec 6 11:12:39 EST 2016

Hi John,

The issue is indeed due to changes that I mentioned before (i.e. only data
sets that have data get written out and the .pvtu file is adjusted
accordingly). With this change though interprocess communication is
required which is done the the
vtkMultiProcessController::GetGlobalController() object which essentially
acts as MPI_COMM_WORLD within VTK. You need to create a vtkMPIController
which derives from vtkMultiProcessController. See the attached files for
how that is done. This should also be backwards compatible but if it isn't,
please let us know.

Best,
Andy

ps. Ignore the ADIOS stuff in there (it's commented out). I was trying to
do two things at once and that's why the ADIOS stuff is in the
CMakeLists.txt.