[vtkusers] Cannot use vtkParallelCoordinatesActor in VTK 7.0.0 and how to report a bug?

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Thu Dec 1 02:35:18 EST 2016

Den 30 nov. 2016 2:38 em skrev "Cory Quammen" <cory.quammen at kitware.com>:

> [snip]
>
> > Ah yes, I know the information is there, if you care to do some
pusseling :)

> > I just meant it would be nice if it was visible in a more prominent way,
> > kind of like how the Qt docs has a list of modules [1], a page for each
> > module (e.g QtNetwork [2]), a list of classes in each module [3], and
where
> > the module a class resides in is visible at the top of the class docs
(e.g.
> > QNetworkReply [4], see the breadcrumb at the top).
> >
> > I think it would help make the VTK docs less flat and hard to navigate.
>
> Agreed, that would be nice to have. As you know, we welcome
> contributions that work towards this goal.

Absolutely :) If I get some spare time I'll try to see how it could be done
(ah, time...).

> > Not sure it's easily doable with just Doxygen though. Qt has its own
> > tooling.
> >
> > BTW the heuristic you used above, will it work for all classes? I mean,
are
> > all modules laid out in the file system like this, and all module names
> > correspond to directory names like that?
>
> As far as I know. This won't necessarily find you all the modules you
> need to add as dependencies, though, as there may be additional module
> dependencies brought in when using interface modules that support
> different implementations. For example, if you are using classes in
> vtkRenderingContext2D, I believe you need to add the implementation
> that is used, either vtkRenderingContextOpenGL or
> vtkRenderingContextOpenGL2 depending on which OpenGL backend you are
> using. This can be a little harder to suss out.

Right, I believe the WhatModulesVTK.py has some of the intelligence needed
to sort this out, and also some flag to let the user specify explicitly
what backend he/she intends to use. A doc generation tool would have to
present both GL and GL2 as alternatives.

Elvis

> - Cory
>
> > Elvis
> >
> > [1] https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtmodules.html
> > [2] https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtnetwork-index.html
> > [3] https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtnetwork-module.html
> > [4] https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qnetworkreply.html
> >

> >> - Cory

./Utilities/Maintenance/WhatModulesVTK.py