[vtkusers] Z-fighting problem on intel hd graphics

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Fri Aug 26 03:08:18 EDT 2016

>> it works ok after switching to qvtkwidget2, even the multisampling under
>> linux, which wasn’t working with qvtkwidget
>>

> Ah, that's good to know. I believe when I was having the problem, I was
> working through Python, so was using QVTKRenderWindowInteractor (or maybe
> my own similar class), which is yet another thing (QVTKWidget / QVTKWidget2
> are not wrapped).
>
> Glad it worked out anyway. Nowadays I'm using C++ and QVTKWidget2 too.

I was actually wrong. I had a look at my code, and I'm using QVTKWidget
(not QVTKWidget2), and what I did to get around problems with Z-ordering
and also to get multisampling working reliably was this (from the
constructor of my QVTKWidget subclass):

    QSurfaceFormat surfaceFormat = windowHandle()->format();
    surfaceFormat.setSamples(8);
    surfaceFormat.setStencilBufferSize(8);
    windowHandle()->setFormat(surfaceFormat);

Hope that helps someone else using QVTKWidget.

Elvis