[vtkusers] Crashed when I used a QVTKWidget to render two vtkRenderWindow in turn

Sophonet vtk12af6bc42 at kant.sophonet.de
Thu Aug 18 11:00:52 EDT 2016

Hi List,

well, I can confirm that there are some problems with VTK7.0.0 and (on
my system) QT 5.7.0.

The problems occur when reparenting QVTKWidgets. I have written a small
demo app, based on existing VTK examples, which shows the problem. It is
attached to this e-mail.

When reparenting (swapping) the two QVTKWidgets, the console window says
"QWidget::repaint: Recursive repaint detected", and an error window pops
up with "Invalid Pixel format, no OpenGL support".

Obviously, for the attached demo app, there would be a solution without
reparenting the windows - nevertheless, it seems like a bug and in
another application, I need to reparent the widgets, which (due to this
problem) forces me to keep using Qt 4.8.7, in which reparenting is
working.

Anybody can confirm the problem and propose a solution / workaround?

Thanks,

      Sophonet