[vtkusers] can vtkDiscretizableColorTransferFunction deal with non-contiguous dicrete values?

Luca Pallozzi Lavorante lplavorante at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 14:50:51 EDT 2016

    Hi everybody,

I am trying to use  vtkDiscretizedColorTransferFunction in order to assign
predefined colors to a variable number of fixed values.
With the settings specified in the code below, the table works fine as soon
as the values are contiguous, e.g., 3->4->5->6->7->8. But if I provide a
list of non-contiguous ids, such as 3->5->6->7->8, the table apparently
shifts the colors.
Can  anybody help me understand what I  am missing?
Thanks for any help

        Luca

Here is my code:

// This is an example
std::vetor<uint32> listIds = {3, 5, 6, 7, 8};
table = vtkSmartPointer<vtkDiscretizableColorTransferFunction>::New();
    table->DiscretizeOn();
    table->IndexedLookupOff();

    table->SetNumberOfValues(listIds.size());
    foreach (uint32 id, listaIds) {

        QColor color(myFunctionTogetColorsFromIds(id))
        double r = color.redF();
        double g = color.greenF();
        double b = color.blueF();
        table->AddRGBPoint(static_cast<double>(id), r, g, b);
    }
    table->Build();