[vtkusers] Convert STL to DCM

Chiranjib Sur sur.chiranjib at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 08:03:23 EDT 2016

Hi Matias,
As far as I know there is no direct converted available for STL to DCM.
But if you do this workaround it is possible :

STL -> VTP (polydata) -> DCM

Once you have the data in polydata format, you will be able to slice it
using ParaView.

The following links might help you

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36193779/generating-and-reading-vtk-files-from-dcm-files-and-modifying-model
https://itk.org/Doxygen46/html/IO_2DicomSeriesReadImageWrite2_8cxx-example.html

vtkSTLReader is the class you need to use to read the STL file within VTK.

Thanks,
Chiranjib