[vtkusers] Memory management issues: how to track memory usage?

BBerco bebe0705 at colorado.edu
Thu Aug 11 10:10:27 EDT 2016

David,

thanks for clarifying. Indeed, I was not using Delete() properly.

Initialize() seems to fit my purpose better, as its documentation reads
"Restore object to initial state. Release memory back to system.". I can
indeed observe that a given member's memory usage goes to zero after I call
its Initialize() method and GetActualMemorySize afterwards.

However, the total memory usage (as calculated by Xcode) of the program does
not change whether I use Initialize() or not. The freed memory has to go
somewhere still ?