[vtkusers] Memory management issues: how to track memory usage?

BBerco bebe0705 at colorado.edu
Wed Aug 10 17:49:35 EDT 2016

Hum, I've noticed a first oddity illustrated by the two variables below (both
being instances of
vtkSmartPointer<vtkPolyData>):

(...)

this -> selected_cells_polydata -> Delete();
this -> unselected_cells_polydata -> Delete();

std::cout << this -> selected_cells_polydata-> GetActualMemorySize() <<
std::endl;
std::cout << this -> unselected_cells_polydata -> GetActualMemorySize() <<
std::endl;

(...)

The two calls to GetActualMemorySize() return non-zero memory usage, after
Delete() has been called. What am I missing here?