[vtkusers] QVTKWidget without interactor (C++) (was: About MouseEvents.py example)

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Tue Aug 9 03:29:16 EDT 2016

Hi all, (mostly David Gobbi :))

In a previous thread, you kindly outlined your way of handing interaction
in PyQt applications without making use of the VTK interactor/interactor
style system at all.

My question now is whether you do something similar when working from C++?
The reason I'm asking is that I'm in the process of porting an application
under development from PyQt to Qt/C++, and I'm weighing the pros and cons
of making use of VTK interactor/interactor styles vs making my own "tool
system" for interaction.

If you do use a similar system when working from C++, I'm wondering whether
you make use of QVTKWidget, or if you have your own such class? Because
looking at QVTKWidget (which I currently make use of), it seems to force a
VTK interactor to be set on its rendering window (if one is not provided,
it will create one).

Thanks a lot in advance for any advice.

Elvis