[vtkusers] Multiple vtkPropAssemblies referencing the same Actor

Matt Sutton matt.sutton at padtinc.com
Tue Apr 26 17:33:19 EDT 2016

Hi Folks,
   I'm looking to use a series of vtkPropAssemblies to manage the graphics associated with something like a BRep data structure.  For example, given a face in the BRep, it will be bounded by a series of edges forming a loop.  I would like to put all of these edges into a vtkPropAssembly to control their visibility and properties as a group.  However, these edges will also be shared by an adjacent face.  The documentation makes it clear that vtkPropAssemblies can include an actor that is also included in another Assembly, so long as there are no loops.  My question is, what state will an actor that is shared by two vtkPropAssemblies take if those assembly objects themselves have different states?  Is it simply the last state rendered?  Specifically for something like visibility, I would like an edge to be visible if any (either) of its adjacent faces are visible.  So, more precisely, would an actor be visible if *any* of its parent assemblies are visible, or only if the last assembly rendered that references that actor is visible?  Obviously, I be testing this shortly, but I thought I'd ask ahead of time if someone already knew the answer.
Regards,

  Matt Sutton
  Senior Engineer
  PADT, Inc.
  www.PADTINC.com<http://www.padtinc.com/>
  480.813.4884 x106
  matt.sutton at padtinc.com<mailto:matt.sutton at padtinc.com>

  Simulation - Product Development - Rapid Prototyping

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  Unless you are the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that copying, forwarding, printing or otherwise disseminating the information contained in or attached to this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by telephone, and immediately and permanently delete and destroy all copies and printouts of this e-mail message and/or attachments.