[vtkusers] Crash in vtkShaderProgram/vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Tue Apr 26 15:48:11 EDT 2016

It is pretty strange as I recall being able to use a vtkPanel without a
parent several years ago. Obviously plenty has changed but it was not an
issue before...

You may want to delay the registration of the actors into the renderer
until that one is visible (maybe). Otherwise VTK can be used without
rendering as well even across many thread if rendering is not involved...