[vtkusers] Crash in vtkShaderProgram/vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper

dei david.ei at novodynamics.com
Mon Apr 25 17:12:18 EDT 2016

After fixing several other things, I've solved all the crash issues except
one. There appears to be a short (< 1 second) lag between the time my parent
JPanel become visible and the time its child vtkPanel is ready to accept
mouse events (and consequent calls to Render()). I'm trying to suppress
mouse events until the vtkPanel is ready but I have not been able to find a
way to reliably detect that the vtkPanel is done initializing.

The crash occurs in
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow::SetupPixelFormatPaletteAndContext() with the
error: "failed to get valid pixel format." *How do I tell if
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow is completely initialized?* I'd hate to have use
a delay timer kludge.

BTW, all my java accesses to the vtk are on the AWT-EventQueue-0 (the GUI
thread).