[vtkusers] Assemblies "coming apart " during long test runs....

Andras Lasso lasso at queensu.ca
Sun Apr 24 13:45:10 EDT 2016

Yes, we've experienced this, too. Screen flashes and then actors don't move anymore on screen and colors cannot be changed (we change actor properties in VTK but nothing changes on screen). Actors that we add after the flash behave normally. We run the same software on many computers in our lab but the problem only occurs on a few computers and never on others (even when running continuously for several days).

We suspect it's a video card hardware/driver issue. The "flash" is probably a crash&recovery of the video card driver.

Andras