[vtkusers] wxPlaneWidget on OSX

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Thu Apr 21 11:58:24 EDT 2016

I believe this has been fixed in VTK master now ala
https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/1434

Thanks for tracking it down.

Ken

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 9:21 PM, ABE Hiroshi <habe36 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I found the reason why the problem occurs.
>
> Dragging the handle and then stop to set the vector of motion of mouse
> pointer to zero vector in “vtkPlaneWIdget::MovePoint?” methods.
> The vector is expected not to be zero but it is on OSX. I put statement to
> prevent zero divide as;
>     // Project v onto these vector to determine the amount of motion
>     // Scale it by the relative size of the motion to the vector length
>     double d1, d2;
>     if( vN == 0 ) {
>         d1 = 0.0;
>         d2 = 0.0;
>     } else {
>         d1 = (vN/n10) * vtkMath::Dot(v,p10) / (vN*n10);
>         d2 = (vN/n20) * vtkMath::Dot(v,p20) / (vN*n20);
>     }
> to work fine for me.
>
> Tchuss,
>
> 2016/04/06 16:57、ABE Hiroshi <habe36 at gmail.com> のメール:
>
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I modified the VTK wiki’s sample as is bottom of this mail to show the
> status of vtkPlaneWidget.
> > The output of “Print” method in the constructor is;
> >
> > vtkPlaneWidget (0x7fea78d1e1d0)
> >  Debug: Off
> >  Modified Time: 2705
> >  Reference Count: 1
> >  Registered Events: (none)
> >  Current Renderer: 0x0
> >  Default Renderer: 0x0
> >  Enabled: 0
> >  Interactor: 0x0
> >  Key Press Activation: On
> >  Key Press Activation Value: i
> >  Prop3D: 0x0
> >  Input: 0x0
> >  Handle Size: 0.05
> >  Place Factor: 0.5
> >  Handle Property: 0x7fea78d4a2c0
> >  Selected Handle Property: 0x7fea78d4a470
> >  Plane Property: 0x7fea78d4a620
> >  Selected Plane Property: 0x7fea78d4a7d0
> >  Plane Representation: Wireframe
> >  Normal To X Axis: Off
> >  Normal To Y Axis: Off
> >  Normal To Z Axis: Off
> >  Resolution: 4
> >  Origin: (-0.5, -0.5, 0)
> >  Point 1: (0.5, -0.5, 0)
> >  Point 2: (-0.5, 0.5, 0)
> >
> > and in the destructor;
> >
> > vtkPlaneWidget (0x7fea78d1e1d0)
> >  Debug: Off
> >  Modified Time: 2806
> >  Reference Count: 0
> >  Registered Events: (none)
> >  Current Renderer: 0x7fea78f00160
> >  Default Renderer: 0x0
> >  Enabled: 1
> >  Interactor: 0x7fea78f00b40
> >  Key Press Activation: On
> >  Key Press Activation Value: i
> >  Prop3D: 0x0
> >  Input: 0x0
> >  Handle Size: 0.05
> >  Place Factor: 0.5
> >  Handle Property: 0x7fea78d4a2c0
> >  Selected Handle Property: 0x7fea78d4a470
> >  Plane Property: 0x7fea78d4a620
> >  Selected Plane Property: 0x7fea78d4a7d0
> >  Plane Representation: Wireframe
> >  Normal To X Axis: Off
> [...]

Ken Martin PhD
Chairman & CFO
Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park NY 12065
518 371 3971

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.