[vtkusers] Clipping a set of lines from vtkAppendPolyDataFilter

mwormser max.wormser at gmx.de
Wed Apr 20 06:22:23 EDT 2016

I am looking for a way using Python to clip lines and continue with a line
object, so that I can apply a tube filter afterwards.

What my script does:

1. loop that creates 12 lineSources
2. convert each to PolyData in the loop
3. add it to an AppendPolyDataFilter
4. create a box (vtkBox, implicit function)
5. use vtkClipPolyData with the box as clip function and the appended
PolyData lines as Input.

what I end up with is, of course, a PolyData object. But to be able to apply
a TubeFilter I need a Line object of some kind. Does anybody know a way of
converting the PolyData to a line or changing the algorithm so the
TubeFilter works?
Thanks in advance.