[vtkusers] Projecting a point on a surface

madz madaramh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 00:00:49 EDT 2016

Thanks for the reply Andras and xabivtk.

I took a look at the example you provided Andras. But don't I need two
points for this method to create a line? I only have points which are
slightly above the surface, I need to get the x,y,z locations when the point
is projected perpendicularly on to the surface.

And I 'm not sure if cell locator will work well with my requirements since
it only gives the nearest cell which might not have the correctly projected
x,y,z point values.

Thanks.