[vtkusers] Java vtkPanel

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Mon Apr 18 17:32:00 EDT 2016

Hi Kenji,

You can look at what we are doing with the delete() method of vtkPanel
(knowing that we leak on Linux instead of crashing).
But I'm guessing I see 3 possible issue in your code.

1) You should try to detach your renderWindowPanel instance from the parent
JFrame.
2) Then you should set it to null before
calling vtkObject.JAVA_OBJECT_MANAGER.gc(false);
3) And in any case, you should not call Delete() on it.

I'm thinking your code may cleanup its memory but not the first time you do
it. After 3 times, you only cleared the first allocated memory.

Hope that helps,

Seb

PS: If ever you want to contribute your native library loader, please feel
free to do so, I can facilitate the process. ;-)